Homesteading Fair Spring 2018
Thank you to the vendors and customers that came to the homesteading fair 2/17/18. We are looking forward to the next one in September so let us know if you would like to participate. 🙂
Hand operated oil expeller from Piteba
Hand operated oil expeller from Piteba : press seeds and nuts for vegetable oil.
- Original Dutch Design – Holland hand made tool.
- Suitable for the production of cooking oil, health care products, medicinal oils, oils for soap production, paint, bio-fuel / diesel or insecticide.
We have a very broad selection of both canning supplies and jars. We also carry a variety of other types of food preservation equipment.
- National Presto 23 Quart – The perfect home canner! It has the capacity of holding 20 pints or 7 quart size jars. The only thing that will need replacing every couple years is the rubber seal. The pot doubles a water bath canner and is available in a 17 quart version at a lesser cost.
- All American Canner – This is the mother of all canners. This pressure canner forms a metal to metal seal eliminating the need for lid gasket replacement. Its available in a variety of sizes, maxing out at 41 quarts, which is perfect for canning tuna.
- Graniteware Pressure Canner – A new product from Columbian Home, this pressure canner is a great product for the home canner. It can hold up to 20 quarts.
- Water Bath Canners – Also from Columbian Home, these water bath canners are available in 3 different sizes: 13, 23 and 33 quarts. All three models include a wire basket which makes lift outs easy or can be suspended on the rim. The 33 quart is a little heavy to lift when filled, but it’s great for sterilizing jars.
Canning supplies available (to aid in process):
- Low sugar from Ball
- Classic pectin in a flex sized jar
- Liquid pectin packaged per batch
- Pomonas pectin for low or no sugar jam and jelly making
- Citric acid for fruit preservation
- Pickle crisp
- Fruit fresh
- Pickling salt for creating brine for pickles and speaking of pickles, we carry crocks, crock weights and sauerkraut crocks.
Preserve with confidence! Pressure canning is the only canning method recommended safe by the U’s.D.A. for low-acid foods such as vegetables, meats, and fish. The easy-to-read dial gauge automatically registers a complete range of processing pressures. Air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced. Presto Pressure Canners also double as water bath canners* for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa. Canners are constructed of extra strong, warp-resistant aluminum and are suitable for use on regular and smooth-top ranges. Includes cooking/canning rack and complete instruction and recipe book. Extended 12-year warranty.
All American Canners:
Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry has manufactured All American Pressure Canners since the 1930s. This line of canners has offered the best and safest method for home canning from its creation all the way up to the present. The U.S.D.A. recommends pressure canning as the only way to can meat, fish, poultry, and all vegetables. These pressure canners have the capacity needed not only for canning, but also for preparing large quantities of food and pressure cooking inexpensive meat cuts to juicy tenderness in a short time. Only the All American Pressure Canner features an exclusive, precision machined “Metal-to-Metal” sealing system. Positive action clamping locks align the cover to the base forming a steam tight seal. Because no gasket is involved, the cover is always easily opened and closed. The All American Pressure Canner makes it easy to can fish, meat, vegetables, and fruits and is the only method that the U.S.D.A. recommends for low acid foods. All models feature a readable pressure gauge for accurate pressure control.